- Open the Word document that you want to work on
- Press CTRL + H to bring up the Find and Replace box
- In the “Find what” box type ^p [this upward arrow character is called caret and is usually available on a number key]
- In “Replace with” box type a comma
- Click on Replace All button.
Thus all the paragraph breaks in you document will get replaced by a comma. You can use whatever character(s) you like in “Replace with” box. For example, if you want to replace every paragraph break with two paragraph breaks –then you should type ^p^p in “Replace with” box.
If you simply want to remove paragraph breaks; just leave the “Replace with” box blank. And you’ll get a monolithic chunk of text!